Imtech Ventilex Fluid Beds Offer “Shaking” Transport
Our fluid beds are known for offering the best operational efficiency and highest quality in the industry. Imtech Ventilex Fluidized Bed Dryers are used in industries in which cooling and drying are necessary parts of production. This includes food products, sand, medicines, nutraceuticals, minerals, and a variety of other industries.
How a Fluid Bed Dryer works
The “fluid” portion of a fluidized bed dryer refers not to liquid, but to motion. In a fluid bed dryer, products are made fluid by an upward-moving flow of gas. The movement of the bed strengthens this effect by mixing gas and product so high heat transfer and an optimum physical reaction speed are possible. An ideal combination of gas speed and mechanical movement produces the best results. You can process granular products with a variety of grain sizes successfully, also minimizing dust and fines, while simultaneously increasing yield.
Imtech Ventilex Fluidized Bed Dryers feature:
- A mechanically simple, dependable, and reliable transport design
- An exclusive “shaking” motion that helps you achieve first-in, first-out drying of products. Heat time and temperature are controlled to create the most desirable effect.
- Consistent results that are never over or under dried
- Tremendous control of process-required plug flow characteristics by achieving fluidization or sub-fluidization of a product when longer drying times are needed
- Heavy duty, robust product transport that assures low-maintenance, dependability, and a long equipment life
Imtech Ventilex High Temperature Design
We are the only fluidized bed dryer manufacturer with a product capable of achieving steady state air temperature drying of 600° C [1112° F]! Our dryers operate at temperatures ranging from -15° C to +600° C. Our gas speeds vary from 0.2 to 3 m/sec. These high temperatures result in more drying air volume, which means greener, more sustainable process characteristics and the remarkable energy efficiency. Our simple drive and high quality materials, as well as minimal dust and fines formation, result in less maintenance and increased yields. All of these means lower operating costs for your process.
We offer fluid bed dryers for a variety of applications. We understand that every application varies and we take an engineered and systems approach for each and every installation. We offer CIP design for dairy, rood, and hygienic applications. Our machines also feature high temperature design for inert materials. Ventilex takes pride in matching our design to your fluid bed dryer needs, which results in cost savings for you.
Ventilex can custom design and build a fluid bed dryer, cooler, or sterilizer to meet your requirements, no matter how strict.
Features of Imtech Ventilex fluidized bed dryers include:
- Engineered for specific products
- High energy efficiency that can save 40-60% or more on steam/gas/oil costs
- Use of shaking, not vibration, so there are fewer moving parts and less maintenance
- Air drying temperature that can reach 600° C [1112° F]
- Fully automatic operation
- Sub-fluidization plug flow and first-in, first-out technology
- Gentle on materials
- Well-mixed fluidization, which covers the entire spectrum and is able to accurately control the spread of residence time
- Designed to withstand the harshest applications
- USDA accepted! Our fluid bed dryers exceed all USDA and FDA criteria for hygiene and cleanliness in the dairy, food, and pharmaceutical industries.
- Complete CIP-able with full drainage. There are no cracks, no corners, and no product buildup points on designs that are based on USDA and FDA guidelines